Tuesday, March 29, 2011

LG Fashion Week - Life in Toronto in Early Spring

Hey guys!

This is going to be one of those blogs where I update on Petey and my little Toronto adventures and whatever else is up. I hope it's mildly entertaining at least!

This week is LG Fashion Week here in Toronto, Ontario and I am part of a massive team of volunteers who make everything happen with the shows all week. We set up the runways and seating areas and make sure everyone is where they're supposed to be etc. So... that's all great and whatever, but in all honesty there is one major perk to working this event that we're all obviously there for: we get to watch all of the shows right up close and personal. *ehehehehe* It's wicked cool.
Meaghan is also volunteering this week, but she's doing different kinds of work than I am so I'll get an update from her and talk about it later. I work in the "Studio." It's a smaller area for runway shows that are meant to be more artistically presented in a more intimate setting than a major runway. I spent a bunch of time measuring areas to put seating in to make it all look perfectly perfect and then got to sit in the second row corner, surrounded by industry people and press and sponsors and watch the entire show. It was a very cool thing to be a part of. (Watch the blurry video above that I took with my favorite new thing in the whole entire world - my BlackBerry/best friend, for a visual!)

So other than fashion week, I am currently in the midst of a 3 month blitzkrieg of formal wear concluding with three bridesmaids dresses, one wedding guests dress, one prom dress, and one very important wedding dress for a very important friend of mine. It's going to be a little bit taxing, but i am definitely up for the challenge. Also Meaghan like, shaved half her head, which is crazy and awesome. Just so you know.
Ps. Petey is kind of on hold at the moment for the preceeding reasons. we're collecting materials and getting prepared to make the dresses but they are tragically going to have to be pushed back until the fall for release.
It's okay though. It'll be worth the wait, we promise. ;)

(...this is also my way of saying, I'm sorry to those of you who read this, but I'll probably have to keep it to one update a week on the blog for the summer, I'm just going to die of exhaustion if i take too much more onto my plate... :D)

Other than that, I've become obsessed with the clothing I get to see on customers at work these days. I work on King Street where the fashion people are and some of the jackets, coats, scarves, rings, bags boots, heels etc etc etc are flooring me. Not to mention on the street and in the subway and everywhere else.

Keep it up, Toronto. You're fucking awesome.