Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Confessions of a Fashion Dreamer

I’ve been staying up way past my usual bed times over the past few weeks ago. It’s a bad pattern to get into, I think, because I always equate staying up late with no purpose as a negative thing. Not to mention that I do like getting up early and being in the quiet of the morning, free to do my work and drink my coffee. For some reason I’ve gotten into the pattern of staying up until 3 or 4 and waking up at noon for no particular reason. Maybe I should take up running.

I’m in the process of working on a list of Halloween costumes for many different clients. This week, the week before the week before Halloween is my go time. I’ve got a strict schedule that I make for myself that I must follow if I want to have time to make my own costume for heaven’s sake. It’s always the way, I end up making my own would-be-fabulous costume on Devil’s Night and it ends up second rate. I’ll keep you posted on that one.

So I’ve been buying a lot of fabric and clothing for the purpose of creating my Halloween costumes and I visit fabric and thrift stores regularly. I do this a ot when working on a collection for Petey the Troll Apparel too. My major confession is the amount of clothing I’ve acquired as a result of this affliction. I noticed a couple of weeks ago when I looked at my closet that the majority of my existing fall wardrobe consisted of black and gray. Me, Vanessa Petey, just black and gray. It had to be remedied immediately, of course. Since then I’ve become my own personal stylist, creating new outfits every time I visit a Value Village or Salvation Army.

I’ve got a new found appreciation for dress pants too. I’ve been getting brand name dress pants second hand then altering them to be skinny and wearing them. It’s a phenomenon in my personal style. Tomorrow I’m going to work at St. Clair College to finish up my work on Girls in the Gang, and I’m going to be wearing a mustard seed yellow, high wasted pencil skirt with a gray vintage men’s Pink Floyd t-shirt. Oooooooh yes. And the green heels I think. I’m in a good mood.

Until next,

VPH